Wednesday, July 21, 2010

The boy of summer

Every summer I have big plans. Then the summer slides on by and I've only done a handful of my big dreams. This year I wanted it to change. I've been on a mission to actively engage in life and not let time just pass on by, so I made a summer list. The list consists of fun activities that I want to do this summer with Logan. He is only little once, and whether he likes it or not, we are going to have some fun. Here is the list, thus far:

1. See the fireworks
2. Go to the Children's Museum
3. Build a sandcastle.
4. Go to A's wedding and DANCE!
5. Use yarn to make giant bubbles
6. Visit a sunflower field
7. Play at a splash park.
8. Walk on a boardwalk.
9. Go to the aquarium
10. Plant sunflowers.
11. Paint with pudding
12. Eat a tomato from the garden
13. Roast marshmallows
14. Visit the nature center
15. Find seashells
16. Have a picnic
17. Paint a birdhouse
18. Go to the zoo
19. Walk on the big ships at the seaport
20. See the animals at a fair
21. Go blueberry picking
22. Read 50 books

I wrote each of these on a note card and drew a little picture as a visual cue to represent the activity. After we complete one, Logan picks out a sticker and puts it on the note card. Once it's completed we will have a wonderful visual reminder of what we did this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...