Monday, February 7, 2011

Squeaky clean floors

Remember the post about my New Year's resolutions? Today, I tried something to address two of those little goals. It wasn't going all out and trying to make the world a better place. I was trying to clean my floors. I tried something new-to-me that is supposed to be cheaper and greener. I used a vinegar water solution to wash my linoleum floors. I found the recipe for the mixture on a blog I love, Young House Love. It was recommended that I use one cup of water to two gallons of warm water. I had high hopes and a dirty floor. So I mixed it up, and I started a scrubbin'.

The verdict? It works. Does it work as well? It is debatable. I had to scrub a couple of spots a bit harder than normal. I usually try to wipe up spills when I see them, but I have a two year old who walks around dropping things like he has rubbed his fingers in cooking oil, so it is inevitable that I miss a couple of spots. It did take care of everything with a little extra elbow grease. How about the smell? It's still drying, but it seems that most people who swear by this solution claim that once dry the vinegar smell disappears. Will I do it again? Probably. I bought the economy size vinegar. When I try things, I go big. 128 ounces big. (I know that is a gallon, but is sounds better this way).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...