Sunday, May 29, 2011

Spring activity: Meet some animals

My best friend's son just had a birthday. In honor of his party and all the little kids that attended, they hired a petting zoo. I have to say, I was just as excited as the little kids. The variety of animals ranged from bunnies to an alpaca. The animals were so well behaved and docile, and the people who ran it were very informative. I definitely learned quite a bit that day!

The first animals that Logan gravitated toward were the sheep. He was nervous of the bigger animals and the sheep really didn't do much beside chow down on their hay the whole time. I think he felt comfortable to test out the petting zoo with them. Once he saw how soft they were and learned their names, he wanted to meet all the animals.


He loved playing with the bunnies and petting the chickens. He visited with the donkey, but refused an offer to sit on his back. I was a little sad, because how great was that picture opportunity? But I asked a couple of times throughout the day to see if he changed his mind, and his response was always, "no thank you."

It wasn't until he went in with the alpaca that he found a friend. He hugged him probably a hundred times.


Look at the joy on that kid's face. It pretty much sums up the day.

2 comments:

  1. so cute! I am a new follower from the hop, hope you will come visit another previous teacher(now called retired!!)
    http://childhoodmyths.net/blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww! That's such a sweet picture! Now I want to go hug an alpaca!

    Thanks for stopping by the Sundae Hop! I'm your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...