Sunday, October 28, 2012

A Halloween Play Date

Last weekend, I set up a special play date for Logan and one of his friends in the neighborhood. I got my inspiration (and  free printables!) from Gourmet Mom on the Go. All of the decorations were from the dollar store. I bought some different cereals from the grocery store. These were a special treat from the kiddo since we never by the sugary stuff, and mainly stick with Cheerios. That alone made him super excited to start the day. The kids each got a bowl and were able to mix the cereal together to create their own witches brew. 


The strawberries were a last minute thought.  I was going to just cut them, but I made them spooky by adding some icing eyes and spooky mouths. These were actually one of the kids favorite things! There wasn't a single one left!

I also made some pumpkin muffins. I got the recipe from the Smitten Kitchen. If you at all like pumpkin and muffins, you should absolutely try these muffins out. They are so yummy. The kiddos thought so too. Logan's friend asked if she could bring some home with her, because she loved them so much!

After the kids created their witches brew and finished their breakfast, we headed outside to enjoy the gorgeous day. I had set up two centers for them to play with. At the first station the kids were able to paint their own pumpkin to bring home with them. They loved this activity. 

The second station allowed the kids to make their own monsters. The kids used play dough, googly eyes, and different colored pipe cleaners to create some very unique monsters. 


After this, L and his friend ran around, played, and bounced in the bounce house. It was a great simple play date that made the kids very excited for Halloween!

2 comments:

  1. Love this! I think I will get out the play dough, wiggle eyes, and pipe cleaners out at preschool tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...