Monday, June 17, 2013

Summer Bucket List: Visit a Rose Garden

The Secret Garden was my very favorite book. I read and reread my copy until it was falling apart. I would spend hours in my back yard with my middle sister setting up our very own pretend version of a secret garden. Some of those hours involved me bossing her around since she had never read the book, but I still have many happy, vivid memories from playing outside among the flowers and plants. 

When we arrived at this rose garden, I couldn't help but think about those days in my childhood. There was even a gate to go through to get into a completely enclosed area full of roses. This garden was in the middle of the woods, and we were almost the only people there. It felt just like a secret garden should, private, peaceful, and beautiful. 


There had to have been thousands of roses of all colors and varieties. Logan visited each and every one ohh-ing and ahh-ing over the scents and colors. 



He is definitely a lover of all things involving flowers. He knows more types of flowers than I do. 
Here, he would raced around for a while and then would pause to appreciate nature. 

Of course, he requested lots of pictures. He loves to pose. His poses generally are copied from the characters he saw at Disney in October, but occasionally, he tries something new. 
Or just plain silly.
Since the rose season is not over, I think we will visit again soon. Logan loved it there and combined with our butterfly visit, he said it was "the best day ever." 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...